Advanced Transportaion Taxi and Limo: 201-768-7900
The stone car garage at the top of Closter Dock Rd was built by Al Capul, a Cuban emigrant who came to New York in 1916. In 1918 he answered an ad to work as a driver for Manuel Rionda's siter, Mrs. Ervesun (Rianda owned the estate where Rio Vista is now located -including the large stone tower). In 1934 Al Capul purchased a stony lot and built a car garage using stones found on the lot (It was actually one large boulder which Mr Capul blew up into pieces). His garage serviced cars owned by wealthy Alpine residents. He retired in 1964. The garage is still there and is now home to a gas station/newspaper shop, service garage and Alpine car limo/taxi dispatch. Worth a visit!